MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork Review/Swatch + Comparison to Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadows

 Hi! This is my first ever paint pot and i was super super super excited to get it. I do have all the neutral colors of the Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadows but Mac has a much larger selection of colors.

 I got the Paint Pot in Groundwork because i saw how gorgeous it looked on MissGlamorazzi in her March 2012 Favorites video. I got it for $17.50 on the site. I wouldn't recommend risking and ordering it from another seller!  Mac describes the paint pots as
A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.
Ground work is described as a mid-tone neutral taupe in a satin finish.

 Sorry if these pictures look washed out but it is pretty accurate! My lighting is just off by a little. Mac paint pots are so so so creamy and long wearing since i tried my friends and also in the store!
I was scared that it would be duped by the raved about Color Tattoos but i'm so glad they are not similar or i would have felt like i wasted money. Tough as Taupe is much darker and more grey toned and Bad to the Bronze in comparison is more metallic finished and more bronze.

I have so happy with my purchase out of the 4 products i ordered. I don't think i have splurged money for myself for no reason with makeup for no reason so it feels bitter sweet.

2 comments:

  1. paint for mac MyBrushes paint for Mac app is the best Mac paint software to paint on Mac infinite canvas and PLAYBACK drawing Paintbrush for Mac.It's good as ms Paint for Mac
    Drawing App MyBrushes is the Best drawing app for ipad to paint on infinite canvas and PLAYBACK each drawing stroke on iPad, iPhone. Download best drawing app for iPad Now.
    avi to mp4 converter Total Video Converter, a very powerful Avi to Mp4 Video Converter, convert any video files to avi, 3gp, mp4, psp, iPod, iPhone, flv, DVD, VCD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint para Mac - Paint Tool SAI Mac such as MyBrushes and MyPaint is worth considering when digital painters need Paint Tool SAI for Mac

    ReplyDelete